Sunday, July 5, 2009

From Music City to the Penitentiary…I mean, Wyldlife Camp

Well, I’m @ the Houston airport…the Hobby Airport to be exact. I was supposed to meet Jonathan and Alli Drinkwine & Bryan and Camille Spillman here so we could drive up to camp together. But for some strange reason we couldn’t find each other in baggage claim. It turns out that we are @ different airports. Awesome. Ha! Who knew that Houston had 2 airports? I sure didn’t. I just wanted the cheapest plane ticket, so of course I chose Southwest. Wrong move, Meg. Now the team is driving down to get me (an hour away) and we’ll drive another 2 ½ hours to Carolina Creek in Huntsville, TX, where we’ll be for the next 3 weeks.

That won’t stop us from getting there! I know God has big plans for these 3 weeks…for the middle school kids who will experience the “best week of their lives,” for the leaders who will get to have so much quality time with kids who they try to pursue and earn the right to be heard during the school year, and for the assigned team who devote their time to making sure that the gospel is seen even in things like funny games and skits. It all points to Jesus. Pray that that will happen: KIDS WILL HEAR ABOUT AND RESPOND TO THE LOVE OF JESUS.

Please also pray that God will reveal himself to me in a way that prepares me for my time in India and will simply draw me close to HIM. I think I am tempted to think that now that I am away from Nashville that I will not be tempted to strive and to put myself in overdrive. Pray that God will allow me to rest – physically, mentally, and spiritually.

2nd Life Lesson for the day: Huntsville, TX is home to a Penitentiary that houses 2000 inmates. awesome.

Financial Update: As of today, people have given $7500 out of the $10,000 I need to raise. Praise the LORD! And I have not been able to follow up with many of my supporters. If you’d like to be a part of supporting me financially while in India, please email me: megansusanstephens@gmail.com

Pictures to come later today!

1 comment:

  1. We missed you at the family gathering. Everyone got pray cards to take home. HUGS!
    Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete