Surprisingly, I don't crave many things from America so far. Maybe turkey and salad occasionally. But that's about it. I really didn't eat a lot of beef in the US anyway, so I don't really crave it here in India (although, also to my surprise at first, we do have it...we get it from the Muslims!).
HOWEVER, tonight I had a cheeseburger for the 1st time in 3 months, and well...it was so JOLLY!!! Not only b/c we had homemade buns, but also because we had star fruit from Nagaland (state in East India). It was like a jolly solar system on my plate and in my mouth! haha!
ps - I know I have been MIA in the last month as far as blogging goes...I apologize. A LOT has been going on...so I will update very soon. I'm also working on posting a link to my monthly update here, too (PDF file). So look for it soon!
Jolly...an update from Meg! Are your ears burning? I asked your Mom last night if she had talked to you lately. Glad that you are back to the blog. Was the star fruit sweet? The only time that I've had it, very bitter. Probably cut so green that it would never ripen properly.
ReplyDeleteYum, cheeseburger. (not for me...almost 12 lbs)
Aunt B
Oh Meg, you are so funny. Only you would find a "jolly solar system" in a plate of food!! :)
ReplyDelete