Friday, August 12, 2011

Squatty Potty


The infamous "squatty."  Having lived in India almost 2 years, you have to get used to squatties because they're everywhere...even at nicer places like malls and airports.  

Funny story:  Last summer I spoke at a kids' sunday school class, and I showed them this picture.  At the end, they took up an offering for me (a total of $4.46...my 5 loaves of bread and 2 fish!) and a little girl screamed, "Now she can buy a toilet!"  Hilarious!  Well, that dream has come true...

Sometimes I think I'm a pretty tough "missionary" because of some of the places/food/customs I've endured in India, but when I found out that the only toilet in my apartment next year is a squatty...well, I was less than thrilled.

Reasons I am having them put in a western toilet :)
1. I hate the stench of most Indian bathrooms with squatty potties...that's why Indians keep the bathroom door closed at ALL times.
2. I got really sick last year (yes, it was coming out both ends) and had to use a squatty potty.  Gross?  DUH!  Me and squatties don't get along.

*to be continued (pictures to come when I get back to India)*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Megan, I sent you a message on Facebook a couple weeks ago. My wife and I wanted to make a donation for your return trip to India. Can you shoot me an email jiwst2@francis.edu so I can get your contact info?

    Thanks,
    Jesse Williamson

    ReplyDelete