So I have this little card that I keep on my desk with specific prayer requests for Young Life Siliguri. One of them was about visiting a YL camp in Pokhara, Nepal with 2 potential girl leaders. It was the only prayer request that had a question mark beside it.
Did God answer that prayer? OH YEAH! More than you can imagine! I thought that only 2 girls would come, but 3 came! And the night before they flew to Kathmandu, there was a plane crash that killed 19 people on the airlines they were supposed to fly on. So their plane was cancelled and they had to ride 3 hours in a taxi to another airport to get a flight with another airlines. There were definitely obstacles in getting there, but by the grace of God they met me in Kathmandu late that night.
Mona, Munnu, and Javan
But they were able to see for themselves some amazingly committed YL leaders who love kids sacrificially and how they do club and camp. The fact that these 3 girls are Nepali and spoke the same language as the leaders in Pokhara was HUGE. They took more ownership of learning about YL from the leaders because I couldn't understand much of anything because it was all in Nepali. Frustrating at times, but good because I was able to ask them questions and process through things that way.
It was definitely fun to watch their silly skits and games and songs...
"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
Link to TONS more pics of our time in Pokhara:
Nepal YL Camp 2011
Nepal YL Leaders with Siliguri girls
Did God answer that prayer? OH YEAH! More than you can imagine! I thought that only 2 girls would come, but 3 came! And the night before they flew to Kathmandu, there was a plane crash that killed 19 people on the airlines they were supposed to fly on. So their plane was cancelled and they had to ride 3 hours in a taxi to another airport to get a flight with another airlines. There were definitely obstacles in getting there, but by the grace of God they met me in Kathmandu late that night.
Mona, Munnu, and Javan
Not only did we get to see the beautiful Annapurna mtns...
It was definitely fun to watch their silly skits and games and songs...
"I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."
John 10:9-10
Link to TONS more pics of our time in Pokhara:
Nepal YL Camp 2011
Hey, so thankful you guys made it to Nepal!! OH, tell Javan that I said hello next time you see her. I'm glad she got to go with you guys. She's such a sweet girl!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you asked what's being said as if you wait, it can get even more frustrating. So keep asking, lol!
I looked through your pictures, what fun fun fun!!!!
When are you going to tell us more about what you are doing? Miss you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Aunt B