When Bryan Spillman and Jonathan Drinkwine told me about this position @ Crooked Creek, I honestly thought it would simply be pushing play and turning up the volume (which it is). However, I didn't think I'd get a crash course on Sound Board, XLR Cords, Mics, etc. It really isn't "hard" but it has been a little stressful because I feel like I'm running from the Dining Hall to the Field to the Ropes Tower to the Club Room to get mics and cords to the next event. And if there's a run-on skit or game, then I have to be ready with all the song cues...or they just look silly on stage. So it's fun when everyone does their part and it all comes together, with the kids loving it or laughing hysterically. With Young Life, it's go go go 24/7. Which is fun, but exhausting...something that knocked me in the face. But I'm going to be "stressed," this is the best place to be, because I'm surrounded by ridiculously awesome people who I can be in community with.
Consistency. I'm thankful for it. Consistent people, places, and times. I truly believe God knows my purpose in being here, and I trust in his wisdom. Today I told God that I absolutely can't make it 3 weeks like this on my own. I need Jesus, I need his mighty working power in my body. And I need him to show up, to make himself known to me, to encourage my small faith.
"For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to will and to act for his good purpose" (Philippians 2:13)
ps - this video of the Glo-Stick Rave we had last night describes what it has been like in the past couple of days (which has felt like 3 weeks...in a fun and crazy way). it was awesome!
That's so cool!! A bit like having too much caffeine! Hope you get some sleep tonight, you know you aren't a kid any more! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAunt B
okay. judging by the straps on your bag it looks kinda like you have one of those kavu bags. now if you do, please know i have been looking for those little guys for like 2 years so you need to tell me where you got it or else....
ReplyDeleteSo i wrote this awesome comment but i got deleted, so i'm going to try to re-write it:
ReplyDeleteMegan, Camp looks and sounds absolutely wonderful!! I know times can be "Stressful", but remember that you are working for the Lord. I continually pray for you every single day. When days seem to get too long or are too tiring, just remember that God will provide you with His strength and power. I am so excited to continue to read all about how God is working in you and through you. I love you!!
-Nancy