So this is one of those random-tidbit blog entries. Short and sweet.
Victoria and I dusted off her microscope yesterday (also discovered a dead frog we have to dissect later in the year...woohoo) and looked at several objects, one being...
how cool is it that you can take a picture of what you see in a microscope!
The first person to guess what this is gets a gold star!
Another random tidbit: Brittany, a journey girl from Kalimpong (met her 2 weeks ago), stayed with us last night b/c she was taking a friend to the nearby airport, and it's a 3 hour ride back to Kalimpong from Siliguri. So she left this morning...and came back at 4:30pm because the landslides were so bad on the mountain. Needless to say, she was exhausted from being in the car for 7 straight hours with a driver who didn't speak English. Ha! I felt so bad for her, but we just had to laugh. I was selfishly glad for the extra night to spend with her.
Nadil Kah Pani Piah May
I drank coconut water!
Today, I was about to read in my ENO hammock outside when Hima (househelper downstairs) and Nelson (our gardener - 15 yr old Nepali guy who is so sweet) came outside eating coconuts. They're right in our back yard, so Nelson grabbed another one from the tree and cut it open for me. And he really surprised me when he came outside with a glass of what looked like water. He said, "Coconut Water!" Ha! He is so jolly and loved watching my face as I drank it. He laughed and laughed. And I tried to learn a few other Hindi phrases, but I feel like I can only take in one or two phrases at a time. Anyway, so we all sat outside drinking coconut water, which Indians love apparently. Guess I'm gonna have to learn to love it!
In the States, that would be called Coconut Milk. Grandmother use to drain it out of fresh coconuts when she made coconut cakes...before coconut came in plastic bags!
ReplyDeleteLet's see, microscope...your hair or thread! What is the power of the microscope? It's really neat that you have one to work with.
Heh, heh... Mom, that's too red to be Meg's hair.
ReplyDeleteI think it's thread. Embroidery floss, maybe? Or yarn. Or some sort of nylon cord. The bracelet from Victoria's right arm??
Uhm, where was this frog, and was he packed in dry ice...?? Or in formaldehyde? (Oh, man... memories of dissecting things in sophomore Biology class. Good times.)
~ Andi H. ~
Ding Ding! I think Aunt Beckie will take this gold star...with Andrea coming in a close second! It was red thread. Good eye!
ReplyDelete