Sunday, February 27, 2011

It's Laundry Day!

Yesterday I did 3 loads of laundry (our washer was broken last week).  It looked like my whole closet was on the roof.  You can only imagine clipping all those clothes to the line!  I got a nice tan though (it was probably 85 degrees).  Dryers are definitely something I took for granted in America.  However, hanging your clothes on the line is economically efficient and only takes about an hour to dry...if the weather is nice.  Monsoon season...whole different story!





My jolly craft-fair chair!  It was only 5 bucks!  I sit and read on the roof almost every day...soaking up all that Vitamin D!

Not only was it laundry day but it was also cracked-tub-removal day!  See that little crack about 6 inches long (not near the drain part)?

After Trish and Nelson cracked all the tile around the bathtub and got it out, they found this GIANT crack on the bottom of the tub...almost 3 feet!

They're so strong!  By the way, Jeff and Trish's 19th anniversary is coming up next week.  Guess what they got each other?  Yep, a tub!

2 comments:

  1. How funny. Congratulations on the upcoming anniversary and the new tub! Where was the water leaking to? (bad to end with preposition!) Bob & I have gotten each other hot water heaters, air conditioning, car repair a computer and many other essentials over the past 38 yrs. (39th in June)

    Growing up, we didn't have a dryer until I was in high school. I remember the outside lines and having to rescue the laundry if a summer storm came up quickly. Worse thing now is if the dryer sputters to its death or the power goes of in the middle of the cycle and the clothes have to be rewashed to get the wrinkles of death out of them.
    LOVE YOU.
    Aunt B

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Almost 40 years?! That is AMAZING, Aunt B! You guys have been through so much, thick and thin. It's funny how love can be shown not just through romantic moments but especially through everyday life, the "essentials." Something the US doesn't seem to understand these days.

    It is also amazing how much technology you have seen in your lifetime! Especially Grandmother. I literally cannot fathom having seen the first cars to washers/dryers to skype! Wow. And yes, dryers going capoot is no good. I'm realizing how beneficial but also how expensive all these appliances are after everything here seems to be falling apart! They are a help but are also a burden, ironically. Anyway, can't wait to hear more stories like not having dryers til high school, etc with you, mom, and Grandmother...what fun retirement center talk :) love you!

    ReplyDelete