This little guy fell from a building and lost his mommy. Nelson and some other guys in the neighborhood rescued him.
Trish endearingly called him "Sunshine," til she realized that he should really be called "Owlbert"...her son, Luke, has a stuffed animal owl that he calls Owlbert...who also has a facebook :)
Um, I was a little nervous about those talons to say the least.
How cool is his face!
Trish trying to feed him chicken...yes, he's a cannibal owl now.
He was the softest, jolliest little guy...besides the screeching sound he made before he ate each piece of chicken (see video)
ps - nelson also spotted a cobra in our drain today. glad i wasn't home!
Video of Owlbert experience: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0lePTCeyS8
Owlbert is much more appropriate. Sunshine for a nocturnal fowl... I don't think so! Glad I don't have to deal with more than the birds that come to our feeders, but we did have 2 Canadian geese waddle through as if they were out for a Sunday stroll.
ReplyDeleteTime is counting down...soon, Meggie!!!
Aunt B